Hey All! Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted. It’s just been a crazy couple of weeks. (I’ll do another post to fill you in on that later. I promise… maybe.) This month I signed up for a really fun program called Foodie Pen Pal. You get matched up with a completely random person and have to send them fun food products. Then, someone else gets matched up with you and sends you food.
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
I received a package from Emily (I KNOW, another Emily! I told her this was a good sign.) over at The Vegtress. Shortly after we received our assignments, we started emailing and getting to know each other. She’s an actress and a vegan out in California (lucky!) and was just so sweet. I mentioned that we don’t really have too many options when it comes to “health food” in Aurora, so she sent me all kinds of awesome snacks. Everything I received was perfect for a quick snack and it didn’t take me long to devour it all. I can’t wait to get back to Lincoln so I can head to Trader Joe’s and refill on everything!
- Glories Sweet Potato Chips – These were my absolute FAVORITE. I love sweet potato chips with all my heart and these were no exception. I have to admit, that the bag was gone within 24 hours of it’s arrival.
- Love Grown Granola – One of my favorite things for breakfast is Greek Yogurt with granola and fruit, so this was perfect. It was a lot heartier and filling than the usual generic brand I buy, so I felt very spoiled. I’m also a big fan of measuring out servings of granola into zip-loc bags and keeping them in my purse for snacks.
- Mrs. May’s Almond Rice Stix – These (like everything else) were absolutely amazing. It would not have been hard for me to sit down and just eat the entire bag.
- Mrs. May’s Black Sesame Crunch – I had never had anything quite like this before, but I loved it! My only piece of advice is check the mirror when you’re done eating to make sure you don’t have sesame seeds in your teeth! This was more of a savory snack, and was perfect on my weigh-in day when I needed to eat something but didn’t want to eat something heavy right before. I’ve actually been craving them a lot this week and get sad when i realize I ate them all.
- Clif Mojo Bar (Mountain Mix) – This truly was like trail mix in a bar form. (which – believe me – is a very very good thing)
- Odwalla Chewy Nut Bar – Another great bar. I love keeping bars on hand to eat before an impromptu work out or if I need something to tie me over between meals. My strategy toward the bars Emily gave me was “ohhh… I’m just going to try a bite, then I’ll have the rest after my run.” Then after the bite, I thought I could eat half. But after I ate half, I figured I might as well eat the whole thing. Kids… Do not follow my example.
- Larabars – These are really the only non-Snicker based energy bars you can find in Aurora. However, Emily sent me some flavors we don’t get at the Aurora Mall. I love them so much. The Cappuccino one was especially amazing. I’m always surprised at how filling they are for such small bars.
- Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee – I’m convinced this is the best invention ever. I love coffee, but I’m horrible about making it. My coffee pot is really slow, so if I remember to make it I usually only get about a cup. These were easy, fast, and they tasted amazing.
- Ginger Chews – Since finishing the chews that were in my package, I have bought – and eaten – two entire packages of these. They’re amazing.
I’m participating in Foodie Pen Pal again, and am already so excited! If you would like to sign up, CLICK HERE!
Also, be sure to check out Emily’s blog: HERE!