This week’s weigh-in was MUCH better than last week. I lost 4.6 pounds which cancelled out last week’s gain of 3.8 pounds and still left me with an additional loss of .8 pounds. I’ll take it! That brings my total loss with WW to 29.2 pounds.
Goals for the week:
- Run at least 4 days, going at least 4 miles on one day – I’m becoming a bit of a wimp when it comes to the heat and humidity.
- Track every day – I had a good week as far as weight loss goes, but I hardly tracked. I do much better, and feel more in control, when I track.
- Finally complete the Jazzercise attendance challenge. I’m seeing a lot of double Jazzercise classes in my near future!
- Learn to shimmy – Pitbull keeps making me shimmy in Jazzercise. I can’t do this. It’s almost as awkward as Baby trying to do really anything in the first half of Dirty Dancing. And, to be honest (we all are girls here, right?) I’ve spent a lot of money on sports bras and went through a very painful surgery in order to eliminate my “shimmy.” I’ll keep you posted on how this goes.
- Try out Aqua Zumba. I’m always intrigued when I drive by the pool and see the sign. I LOVE being in the water and it sounds so much fun, so I think I have to try it.
I hope you all have a great holiday! I’ll be spending it with my family AND I found a recipe for a healthy (or – at least- low calorie) 4th of July cake. Pictures will be posted soon… As long as it turns out well. 🙂
In honor of Independence Day, I have to leave you with maybe the most moving speech by a fictional president. (I’m convinced President Bartlett is real and The West Wing was actually a documentary, so his hundreds of amazing speeches do not count.)
Also, consider it your lucky day because you’re getting a 2-for-1 special! Bill Pullman got me thinking about Newsies which got me wanting to watch this video. You are welcome.